Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

When to refer to a doctor

All men with erection problems should be referred to their GP to explore other suitable options and advised that they should do this within the next 6 months.

It’s important to recommend all men taking Viagra Connect visit their GP

Men should be encouraged to seek advice from their doctor for two reasons – because EPs may be a symptom of other conditions that need medical attention and because, although VIAGRA Connect may not be suitable for them, the doctor may be able to prescribe medicines which are suitable. Who should take Viagra Connect?

Erection problems can be a symptom of underlying conditions

EPs can be associated with a number of underlying conditions, such as:

  • Hypertension
  • Diabetes mellitus
  • Hypercholesterolaemia or cardiovascular disease.

As a result, all men with EPs should be advised to consult their doctor within 6 months for a clinical review of potential underlying conditions and risk factors associated with EPs.

What advice can the pharmacist give?

Lifestyle advice and guidance should be provided to all men, as it can help to reduce the risk factors for EPs:

  • Weight management
  • Healthy eating
  • Regular exercise
  • Reducing stress
  • Quitting smoking
  • Moderating alcohol consumption
  • Avoiding recreational drugs

As well as helping to improve EPs, these changes can also improve general health and may help to reduce the risk of CVD.