How to take Viagra Connect
- Take 1 tablet about 30 minutes to 1 hour before sex
- Swallow the tablet whole with a drink of water
- Do not take more than 1 tablet a day
The best results are achieved when Viagra Connect is taken as directed.
How to get the best results with Viagra Connect
The following advice should be given to men using Viagra Connect for the first time, or those who are seeking guidance using it.
- Viagra Connect usually starts to work within 30–60 minutes. Taking Viagra Connect won’t result in an instant erection; a man needs to be sexually aroused for it to work.
- There’s no rush as Viagra Connect works for up to 4 hours after it is taken.
- Viagra Connect can be taken with or without food. But taken after a high-fat meal it can take a bit longer to take effect.
- If it’s been a long time since a man’s last erection, masturbation may help them get used to the feeling again. If Viagra Connect doesn’t work the first time, there is no cause for concern. In some men, it can take several attempts (on different dosing occasions) for Viagra Connect to be effective.
- For men who haven’t had an erection or had sex in a long time, getting used to having an erection again can take a while.
- Encourage them to try again but advise they should not take more than one tablet per day.
- If Viagra Connect hasn’t worked after several separate tries, advise on a visit to the GP to talk through different treatments.
Remember to mention the importance of reading The Patient Information Leaflet found in the Viagra Connect box. It explains what to do to get the best results from Viagra Connect.
Important: Always advise men to see their GP for a medical review within 6 months of taking Viagra Connect.